Pet peeves



sometimes little details on others catch my eye and i have a nearly imperceptible negative reaction. just a tiny one, but it registers. and if i have time i mentally put the observation on my list of pet peeves. i'm not talking about trends i don't like but rather small small choices that just rub me the wrong way. a hair clip attached to the strap of a purse, a trench with the belt missing, very beautiful and/or impractical shoes on feet covered in bandaids. the list is subjective for sure - there is no right or wrong. and i wonder how often i offend someone else by doing something that peeves them...

do you have any pet peeves?

5 comments:

Iheartfashion said...

It's sort of general, but I guess my biggest pet peeve would be people who dress completely wrong for their body type. Often attractive people (in different clothes), but they insist on walking around with muffin tops, unsightly bulges, and ill-fitting pants. I don't mean to pick on the overweight; there are offenders in every size and shape.

Candid Cool said...

at times i can be guilty of the hair clip on purse. and i'm somehow smiling @ the bandaids on runway feet, it breaks the "myth" that these models are "perfect" it's humanizing in a way.

but the bandaids on strappy sandals is a no no. one should wait until the feet heel.

GenX Theorist said...

I have several - and I'm pretty guilty of being a bigg snobby biache with the disclaimer that I'm self-aware enough to notice when I'm not at my most fabulous as well....

But anyway, my biggest fashion pet peeve is, mheh, I'm trying to figure out how to describe it, women who deck themselves out with the whole matchy-matchy jewelry ensemble? Gigantic pieces all put together: earrings, necklace etc. Like somehow it's supposed to say "look how wealthy I am" but it's so tacky. That kind of thing.

Seee....biache....

Anonymous said...

hmm..for now..my pet peeve is..the pull down visor mask. I can't stand seeing women looking like darth vader on the street.
it rubs me the WROOOOONG way.
I don't care how nicely it protect our faces from the sun. it's especially freakier when the woman drives with the mask pulled down. arghhhhhhh!!

(I love that pink/black platform pump. clearly it's hurting the model's heels. but..who's collection is(was) that? )

jennine said...

i too like bandaids on the models... it makes them more human.

: )

my pet peeve i guess, is logowear. bleh.