Rituals


since high school, when i'm coherent enough to do so, i always plan my outfit the night before. it doesn't require physically examining my choices or anything, but i zero in on a main contender and 8 times out of 10 that's what i walk out the door wearing 10 hours later.


and what is most often the inspiration for the direction i want to take my look in the first place? well, to be perfectly honest, the weather is a major factor that is researched before bed and again first thing when i wake up. but aside from that one practical consideration, how i feel like wearing my hair pretty much sets the tone for me. it surely is not because my hair is interesting hair, or hair that benefits in the remotest way from any particular time or skill, but it's something of a barometer for my mood - rebellious, tidy, pretty, spunky, etc.

how do you get dressed each day? do you start in the morning or at night? from the top or the bottom?

5 comments:

martha said...

anywhere from a week before, to the morning of, and most often it is my activity that determines what i wear.

Iheartfashion said...

I also like to lay out my clothes at night. I'm too foggy in the morning to make such important decisions! Although I almost never wear exactly what I've laid out; my mood or the weather changes.
I always start with pants, then work up, with shoes last. Maybe because I have more shoes than anything, so I know I'll find a pair to complement whatever I've put on?

Anonymous said...

hmmm, i generally stand in front of my closet completely perplexed - that can last for anywhere from 5-20 minutes.

Le Portillon said...

If it's just a normal day of school, I dress when I get up, sans planning. Often it ends with me trying on three different outfits only to go with a fourth one. I completely go after how I feel like dressing, and I don't leave the house until I've achieved it.

Candid Cool said...

usu. i go by what pair of pants i want to wear. or if i get something new I figure how i want to wear it.