Style for hire




patricia fields, rachel zoe, kate young, venetia scott are a few of the more current powerful professional stylists. directly or indirectly, they play a big role influencing designers and customers alike through their in-house and celebrity work. when the lens finds them, they enter the spotlight more directly as recognizable personalities. very very often, the camera is focussed on their work on celebrity clients. their talent is getting people dressed. their clients are either too busy or too fashion-challenged or too fed up with the scrutiny that comes with their fame to do the work themselves. the results are effective and memorable.

given the opportunity, would you hire a stylist?

6 comments:

Candid Cool said...

i have too much fun doing it myself, now i wouldn't mind if someone hired me as a stylist.

Iheartfashion said...

I wouldn't hire one, but I'd enjoy being one.

editor said...

candid cool, iheartfashion - i guess i couldn't have expected less from fashion blog fans. :)
me three. ;)

Le Portillon said...

No! Me being so interested in clothes, it would be impossible for me to work with a stylist. I'm too much of a controlfreak when it comes to personal things. Personal stylists are for those who either don't have the time to shop properly, or those that, despite being celebrities, know nothing about how to dress. Thankfully, I am neither.

Candid Cool said...

le portillon: i second you. I too am too much of a control freak clothing wise.

Stylefinder (Editor) said...

Hmmm...I would like the idea of having someone to bounce ideas off of, or to go out and bring me clothes that I wouldn't usually consider when shopping for myself...but I can't see actually letting someone dress me on a daily basis. hah! I am waay too much of a clothing control freak.

I'd love to work as a stylist though...