Art in antwerp

today was the antwerp royal museum of fine arts

their treasure is the collection of paintings by peter paul rubens. but i'm not really a rubens girl (despite the beautiful galleries).


i did very much like the modern work on the ground floor, including de twee lents (the two springs but also known as "the city mouse and the country mouse") by gustave van de woestyne.


then lunch in a charming cafe, with a very nice location right down the block from


ann demeulumeester (now that's art).


then off to the zoo, but i feel terribly guilty on the rare occasion that i frequent a zoo.
can't believe i haven't done any shopping yet. will try to rectify that.

2 comments:

Carlene said...

You know, I tend to gravitate toward more modern art in any museum. I don't know why that is, maybe I've seen enough pre-20th c. art in my life already. (I even prefer 20th c. + classical music, although I will allow an exeption for Bach, and maybe some renaissance lute music or chanting.)

Candid Cool said...

o ann demeuleemester...