Give 'em an inch


at the moment, all of my clothes fit into my closet. this is the first time that i have not had to store items for the winter - i have separate pieces for the seasons, but i'm able to have them all out at once. there are advantages and disadvantages to seeing everything at once, but primarily what i see is that i have the space. if i wanted to store seasonal pieces (i don't)... i would have more space.

is an empty hanger an invitation to shop, or is space not a factor in acquisition?

4 comments:

martha said...

I think I do let my closet be a measure of my shopping options. When it's busting full or I can't close the drawers, I stop and re-evaluate.

Iheartfashion said...

No, closet size has never factored in to my decision to shop, and my current house has plenty of space (for better or worse).
If I were to move to Paris (or Manhattan) I'd have to get rid of 75% of my wardrobe...

Candid Cool said...

My closet size really isn't a factor. I too have plenty of space not even considering the drawer space.
But on a side note, I wouldn't be surprised if my closet is someday filled with very similar pieces, kind of like a cartoon character...
-h

editor said...

iheartfashion - so then closet size is a factor for you - currently you have the space and you use it. do you really think if you had less space, you would have less clothes? that is a verrrrrrrrry interesting thought.

candid cool - how about you, if you had less space, what then?
ps i already see heavy repetition creeping into my closet, as i grow more confident and capable of focusing on what truly is my taste.