Over and over and over and over and


some trends are fluid evolutions from previous, while some hit you with a jolt. either it appeals to you or it doesn't. if it doesn't, often it will, either as a result of merciless bombardment or maybe it was just a matter of finding the right version. some people profess to be waiting to see if the new style sticks, not wanting to appear too trendy, but let's face it, everything is a trend if you follow the editors: now you wear it, now you don't. if resistance is futile, why not be the first, or second, out of the gate.

after enough exposure, are you ever swayed to embrace a new style you initially rejected?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What springs to my mind quickly: skinny jeans. When they first started appearing, I wasn't enamoured with the concept. A few months later, on a whim, I tried a pair on and honestly, they are the most flattering jeans that I own.

xo

Sabina

Allure said...

Not really. It happened to me with two big trends: Uggs and leggings. I never liked them, and I never wore them, and I won't do it in the future.

Anonymous said...

I have not bought the skinny jean trend yet, and I think by waiting this long, I've waited too long. Is there such a thing?

But I will confess that yes, after enough exposure, at the very least, a style that didn't initially appeal to me begins to look familiar, and so in that way, it is alllllmost appealing.

Iheartfashion said...

I refuse to embrace the skinny jean, but I do like leggings, which initially didn't appeal to me. And pants worn under dresses. And platform shoes...

Candid Cool said...

i bought a skinny jean but only because the particular pair had a wax coating. i still would have to take it to the tailor to get a better fit.

landis smithers said...

doesn't it always take that ONE person wearing the trend RIGHT to tip it over for you? does for me. i can applaud miuccia for everything she does, but at the same time hate the faerie crap she's just put out. . .until i see that chic girl wearing it with just the right jean and perfect shoe.

then, it's not a trend, it's cool.

then, i start shopping for faerie.

(no cracks. that was TOO easy.)