madazine



with a recent magazine purchase, i received an h&m magazine. it featured a letter from the staff, contributors who were independent professionals in their fields (not h&m employees), celebrity and pop culture coverage, fashion forecasting, fashion spreads, shopping guide, fashion horoscope, mini travel guide and even advertisements from other companies. aside from finding the featured fashions predictably limited to h&m, it was actually fine. i wouldn't have paid money for it, but it was fine.

if you had to pick one label to produce a magazine that you would want to read - a label that would dictate the coverage contained within, both the aesthetic as well as the content - which would it be?

9 comments:

Carlene said...

I would definitely buy a Rodarte magazine. Those women are just so intriguing to me. I'd love to see what they'd put into a print magazine.

(Although, their website

http://www.rodarte.net/

is like a beautiful magazine already.)

martha said...

Rodarte would be interesting. I like this idea. Prada is definitely another that would be on my list. If labels produced magazines, maybe we could get the truth about the exact beauty products used on their runways for once - not "try this for a similar look" b.s. I want specifics!

Sisty said...

I'd say Dries van Noten -- I understand his shop (in Amsterdam? Paris?) looks like a private house and besides, I like his forward-looking yet livable vision.

Prada is always stimulating and challenging -- so that would be my second choice.

Iheartfashion said...

Tough choice! I think I'd say Marc Jacobs, not because I'm very likely to wear his clothes, but he's definitely got an interesting point of view, and varied interests that appeal to me, like art. Although John Galliano and Karl Lagerfeld are also never dull!

Candid Cool said...

Hedi Slimane.

and Tom Ford too, but i dont think i'd read it regularly.

Gervy said...

easy peasy - Anthropologie

fashionaddict said...

Prada! Miuccia Prada is one designer I'd always wanted to meet - I'd like to know her opinion on things like film and books, and I imagine it would be pretty strong visually.

That said, I'd always like the H&M magazine because they're actually intelligently written and don't sound too much like editorials. The Collection of Style (COS, the more upscale, less trendy line by H&M) magazine is also pretty cool. Maybe H&M knows a thing or two about publishing.

fashionaddict said...

Dammit, I meant ADVERTORIALS, not editorials.

TravelGretta said...

Carolina Herrera. Or Oscar de la Renta - for some serious flair.