A tier that fits


shopping/browsing the other day, i sought out a particular label and found it on a floor i don't normally visit. the clothing was priced about $100-$200 (for starters) higher than some brands on a ... *ahem* lower level, but there were other designers located on this floor with much much higher price tags. i'm not sure what the criteria is for stores to put certain designers on certain floors. i am also realizing that i can't just let stores decide for me where i should shop - if they group a majority of appealing labels (or price tags) together, and remove others that i would be interested in, i will seek them out.

are you aware of having a "level"? how do you identify it?

5 comments:

enc said...

I'm aware of it; I identify it as "not young," and "not old." Or, better-known as "nebulous." I can't shop in the twenty-something section, and I can't shop in the mature women section. I don't really belong in any demographic in particular. I only know where I belong by the t-shirt prices: $58 and up. Bleah.

TravelGretta said...

That depends. Have I received my tax refund yet, or not?

Carlene said...

Laughing and crying at the >$58 t-shirt zone, for it is there that I reluctantly reside as well.

That said, I have no problem going really, really low and buying dead people's stuff. Did I say that? Well, I'm...I'm...recycling!

Inspired Shopper said...

I am stuck in a comfort zone of bargain fashion. I made a rational decision to move up a tier and buy more classic stuff but it just isn't working, I think because my lifestyle calls for casual clothes. Or perhaps I'm just a commitment-phobe, afraid to 'invest' in good clothes...

Anonymous said...

Ouch. Well, There is my budget tier, and then my dream tier. I'm still trying to find a way to bridge the two. Your blog is helping.