Oh sh--


with the limited selection of "safe" reading for me these days, i pounced on an issue of fashion mini the other day when i saw it, calling to me, like a lifesaver from among the abundant selection of lurid fashiommercial magazines - fie! fie!
so naturally, and hastily, and somewhat crazily, i bought it. only to promptly (or, embarrassingly not so promptly, try a day later) discover that i already had this issue. oops.
for the most part, when it comes to fashion, buying multiples involves a conscious effort to stockpile. i do however, feel a growing awareness for my similar inclination towards repetition in terms of being drawn to certain things consistently that would amount to a mistake (like a moth to a flame) - either because in reality i would not enjoy wearing the item, or i don't in fact have any need whatsoever for it... or or or.

ever purchase something only to discover that a. it's not right for you, and b. you've made this mistake before?

6 comments:

Carlene said...

Um. Yeah. I recently purged a closet full of (okay, not a closet full, but more than three) ill-fitting, unflattering, embellished poufy skirts that proved it. I still love them, wherever they are.

candid cool said...

plunging vneck black long sleeve knee length dresses, i have 2 hanging pretty in my closet. i cant wear them, but i love them.

enc said...

Why . . . YES!

jakjak said...

I constantly purchase variations of a chiffon blouse in anything resembling a 1920's style. Really ruffly and really girly - I call them my "alter ego's clothes"

candid cool said...

jakjak hit the nail on the head: the "alter ego" clothes!! exactly!

Issie said...

Oh yes! I continually buy shoes that are simply too high. They are fine in the shop but actually walking results in that horrible burning pain in the balls of my feet.