it's been just over 2 weeks since D-day.
my survival kit includes:
- taking bets that i can do it (still looking for takers).
- staying out of stores initially.
- deleting all subscriptions to e-catalogs and shopping sites.
- sticking to a few magazines that i can safely and happily enjoy.
- enthusiastically accepting practically-new cashmere hand-me-downs (thank you mom!)
- applying my new-found time to work (still working on that).
- discovering a new hobby and beginning a new project.
while i have found that i am adjusting quite well to my new approach to clothing/shopping (1-2 items per year), there are a few naysayers who have scoffed at the idea of me not shopping casually. i've (pointlessly) protested that they misunderstand me, that though i do like to have clothes, i've never particularly enjoyed shopping for them.
do you have a reputation based on your shopping habits?
is it accurate?
ps still totally not caught up with the comments posted this week, but working on it.