Aim


going without my typical cadre of magazines has not had any effect on my pleasure in getting dressed/picking clothes whatsoever. definitely my appetite to buy has been diminished. it's interesting - not having cookies around would never squelch my desire to eat a cookie, yet removing fashion temptation has most certainly had an effect on that interest. i suppose it's a matter of not knowing what is out there without seeing it. i've had a cookie, i know what those are.

when you read a magazine, are you looking for entertainment, inspiration, or things to buy?

7 comments:

-h of candid cool said...

entertainment & inspiration.
but i do like to see the prices of the items featured in the editorials.

Alexandra said...

All of the above!

readysetfashion said...

Entertainment and inspiration, but mostly I'm educated by magazines. Fashion history fuels my magazine collection which begins with issues from 1989, and they are indexed....every one!

enc said...

Entertainment and inspiration.

If I'm shopping, then I'll read them for things to buy.

I'm glad to hear things are getting easier for you.

K.Line said...

I read it for the articles :-)

No really, I am mainly looking for eye candy, pretty pictures. I often feel the styling is ridiculous but I enjoy it nonetheless. Mags are a form of mood-altering for me, like wine or sugar.

ambika said...

Entertainment and inspiration pretty much entirely. Barring the random free or gifted subscription, I only read magazines at the gym (or on airplanes.) So they're not really useful as catalogs.

laia. said...

Inspiration and entertainment. They don't make any cool magazines that cater to the broke young person living in nyc yet. haha.