Fade away


lipstick is gone after a cookie, or a few sips of water. eyeliner, where the heck does that go? gone after a few hours. i don't have experience with other makeup, but with all the touching up i see, it doesn't last. there is the option of some of the new long-lasting preparations, but that takes some of the romanticism out of it all, a bit too shellacked for my taste.

what if clothing were similarly ephemeral?

- i'm not talking about finding yourself suddenly stark naked in the middle of the office or classroom, but what if you had to carry extra socks, or a belt, or a top, for when the one you had on started to fade?

6 comments:

readysetfashion said...

a jacket. it's chic and practical, and i just hate being without one.

landis smithers said...

knowing my luck i'd bring socks and my pants would fade.

Alexandra said...

Hmm. I used to carry an extra shirt when I used to wear a lot of white dress shirts. I found they never looked as crisp and wonderful after noon-ish, so I'd change out of them.

enc said...

I've done this—carrying extra tops, on hot, sticky days. It's kind of nice to feel refreshed after changing. However, under these circumstances, one must make the added effort of needing to pre-meditate several tops that go with one outfit, or one outfit that goes with several tops. And perhaps a change of shoes, if the top changes change the look enough.

Iheartfashion said...

Too much work!
I can barely dress myself ONCE a day.

-h of candid cool said...

id feel like cinderella, after the clock struck midnight.