Loud and clear


i'm a fairly enthusiastic skimmer of whichever magazine i'm holding at the time. it's only for about 30-45 minutes (i occasionally go back later to read an article, but only if i've left a page corner folded over to mark it), and even then i have selective hearing to their point of view, and am more receptive to some issues than to others.
assuming you were offered a more captive audience who would espouse your fashion theories and style dictates,

would you be comfortable broadcasting your aesthetic?

6 comments:

enc said...

Probably not. I'm not sure my aesthetic is any more valuable than anyone else's, but who knows—I'm sometimes quite readily influenced by strangers' aesthetics in magazines. I keep feeling undecided about my answer to this one. I don't think I'm ready to commit.

Carlene said...

You mean, would I like my own style column in Elle? Hell, yeah! Mrs. Exeter for someone a little more youthful in spirit, if not age.

Who do I call?

landis smithers said...

isn't that what we're doing here?

fashionaddict said...

I would feel uncomfortable because I don't like dictating. Something a little more discussive in nature would be fine. The idea of a broadcast just seems a little too serious.

Adaora A. said...

Hell yes!

I love colour, so I hope it doesn't put them off!

I've always dreamed of writing a column for GLAMOUR, VOGUE, COSMOPOLITAN, MARIE CLAIRE, HARPERS BAZAAR, IN STYLE, and W magazine.

Can a girl dream?

Nancy said...

Hmmm. I don't know that I would want to write a column about what I wear.

I definitely put forth an aesthetic on my photo blog, but that is my photography, which is a little different to me.

So I'm not sure about this one. It really depends on the audience and the magazine.