Merit-based

i didn't weigh the practical advantages of the haircut i gave/got recently to sway me when the time came. now that it's done, i find myself frequently appreciating the many positives of my current style. if the new style has pros i did not previously benefit from, then the old hair cut must have had "cons."

other than using it will travel well as justification for buying a rain jacket recently, i can't think of any other examples when i used a pros/cons approach of evaluation for my clothes...

are you ever mindful of the pros and cons of your clothes?

9 comments:

-h of candid cool said...

oh yes, definitely

Sal said...

Ditto. Both the ones I am considering purchasing, and the ones I already own and am considering wearing for the day.

landis smithers said...

there are cons to clothes?

who is filling your head with these terrible, terrible thoughts?

Anairam said...

No, I can't say I weigh up pros and cons of the actual items consciously. When I buy something it almost always one of three scenarios:
1) i really really like this, OR
2) i really really need this, OR
3) this is on sale / so cheap, can I afford not to get this?
When these 3 points coincide I am in buyers' heaven.

Times of Glory said...

Dear editor, I should be mindful of the pros and cons of my clothes, but my heart always dominates my mind... Then I may regret some impracticalities of them... xx

greying pixie said...

I usually only weigh up pros and cons when I need to justify a grotesque expense. My husband has pointed out on more than one occasion that my most used phrase is 'it will last me for the rest of my life'.

enc said...

Yes, mostly. I love it when I have an after-the-fact discover of a "pro" like you did with your haircut. Like the warming joy of finding that some pair of silver shoes goes with five more things that you thought it would.

I'm very happy for you that your haircut is working out!

Carlene said...

What greying pixie said...and I say the same thing, too! As I get older, I'm thinking this lasting the rest of my life thing is going to get easier and easier, no?

Tina said...

I plan to do this before I get into a store, but when I see something I love, my mind can think of no cons. .